Thursday, May 2, 2019

Today’s Bible Study


Today I want to share a devotional thought from the five-day Bible study I just completed through the Bible app. These are not my words, but they are for me.

The Safety of God's Presence

If you’re a parent, your arms were (or are) the place of safety for your children. When they got hurt, or when they felt sick or afraid or anxious, they would raise their arms for you to pick them up. Your presence could make monsters disappear and boo-boos feel all better, and little wounded spirits would be healed.

Take a moment to remember how it felt when your toddler (or any child) would grab you around the neck and hold on for dear life.

That’s what God’s presence can do for you.

All the spiritual disciplines and religious activity won’t change you or heal your fear and anxiety if they don’t help you enter God’s presence.

And worship is the way you get there.

In true worship you lose sight of what’s around you and see only Him. Whether alone or with other believers; in nature, church, or your own home; in silence or with music; your heart is stilled, cleansed, healed, transformed.

In the presence of God, evil leaves the way darkness leaves when you turn on the light.

When you are troubled, run into His arms through worship. Grab on to Him and hold on as if your life depended on it.

Because it does.

 “I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.””

‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬ ‭CSB‬‬

And here is a picture of the little one who always brings a smile to my face and makes me feel all better (our great grandson):



#BibleApp #BibleStudy #OvercomingAnxiety #DevotionalThought


No comments: