Saturday, January 12, 2019

My Word for 2019

It has been some years since I have adopted a “word of the year.” But this year, something caught my attention in an email I received from one of my Faith Art sites. The author said that Dayspring.com has a quiz that will help you arrive at your “word of the year” for 2019. It worked great for me. The questions are awesome. Find the quiz here.

I answered the questions seriously and thoughtfully. I had no idea what word might be generated for me. I clicked “Submit” and the word that came up was a surprise. And yet, I smiled, because, yes, that’s the perfect word for me right now. And I would not have come up with it on my own.

My results:

Your Word of the Year is Peace!

“2019 is your year to find rest in the Lord. The world around us brings chaos, distractions, and messages coming from every direction, but your goal this year is to silence the noise and focus in on the voice of Jesus. Cultivate time to be still, rest, and listen to where He is guiding you this year.”

I was also able to download a Phone Wallpaper with my word and a scripture reference, after the quiz:

peace_wallpaper1

Immediately when I saw my word, I was reminded about a quote I have been trying to “own” for a couple of years now. I don’t know why the single word “peace” had not dawned on me as a great word of the year, since I often think of this quote:

“Peace comes in situations completely surrendered to the Sovereign authority of Christ.”

Yes, that’s a very good word. It’s the word for me. It’s my prayer.

Here’s my Bible Art page with “my” word for 2019, with one of my favorite verses:

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27 (ESV)

IMG_6261 (1) (1)

#FaithArt #2019WordoftheYear #Peace

No comments: