Saturday, June 18, 2016

Thankful for Health {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52 Prompt 23 Health

In the midst of an extremely busy week, but not wanting to fall behind with the Gratitude 52 Art Journal Challenge, when I saw this week’s Prompt (#23) to “illustrate thankfulness for health and vitality,” I quickly sketched the first thing that came to my mind. I have been fairly consistent with walking and using the “fitbit zip” to keep track of daily steps. My goal (usually met) is to have a daily step total of 8,000-10,000, including an hour of “intentional walking.”

Interestingly, this prompt came during a week of doctor appointments (annual check-ups) that all resulted in good reports. When I was younger, I took for granted that I would get good reports at my doctor visits (“disgustingly healthy” one of my docs would say every year). But, with time (I like to say it that way, rather than, “now that I am older”), I do not take these positive reports for granted. I am much more grateful for good health and vitality than this quick sketch could illustrate. But the prompt did make me take the time to stop and think more about my gratitude! I do thank God for His blessings in this area.

#Gratitude52Journal #G52Prompt23 #Gratitude52Community #health #fitbit #fitbitzip #sketchandpaint #walkingforhealth #thankfulforhealth

No comments: