Saturday, May 28, 2016

Thankful for Freedom {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52 Prompt 21 Memorial Day

This is the 21st week for the Gratitude52 Art Journal Challenge. This week’s #G52Prompt21 is: “Sketch, quote, or illustrate your appreciation for those we honor on Memorial Day.”

Since I wasn’t in the mood to sketch or draw this week, I reverted to my “mixed media” mode to put together a quick response, using acrylic paint (applied with an old credit card) and a quote that I love.

While several members of my family have served in the US military, including my husband, thankfully none of them were required to make the “ultimate sacrifice,” although their service did reqire a willingness to do so. I am thankful that God brought them home after their service, and I am also thankful for those who gave their lives for the freedom I enjoy today.

#Gratitude52Community #G52Prompt21 #Gratitude52Journal #artjournal #MemorialDay

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep! The two go together.