Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Jehovah Jireh {Bible Art Journaling}

Names of God-Week 1-Jehovah Jireh

I am participating in a Bible study on the Names of God. The first week focuses on Jehovah Jireh (God provides).

I chose to illustrate a page in my KJV Bible where the actual text “Jehovah Jireh” occurs, Genesis 22:14.

“And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.”

I also love the ESV translation: “So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”; as it is said to this day, ‘On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.’”

Promises that God will provide are found throughout the Bible. My favorite is this one:

“And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19 (ESV)

“The Lord will provide” – what an awesome answer to so many of life’s challenges, worries, problems, stresses, crises…..

#NamesofGod #IllustratedFaith #ScriptureArt #FaithArt #JehovahJireh #GodWillProvide #BibleArtJournaling

No comments: