Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Instead of Being Anxious {Bible Art Journaling}

Bible Art Phil 4-6,7

Philippians 4: 6-7 (NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This is one of my go-to verses to remind me not to worry. But Sunday evening I was drawn to this passage again, and drilling down into the passage, I found a deep and timely message for me right now.

My understanding is that I should not be anxious, but rather, I should:

PRESENT my requests to God, through PRAYER and PETITION (I should be bold), with PRAISE (don’t forget that part), and the end result will be the PEACE of God (transcending human understanding), guarding my heart and mind.

It’s okay to beg God (prayer and petition) for my requests, remembering to praise Him for knowing what is best for me in the end.

#BibleArtJournaling #llustratedFaith #ScriptureArt #FaithArt #DoNotBeAnxious #BeggingGod

No comments: