Friday, May 20, 2016

Grateful for Clothing {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52Prompt20 Clothing

When I first read this week’s prompt for the Gratitude 52 Art Journal challenge, “Illustrate your appreciation for clothing,” the first thing that came to mind was the Bible verse about taking no thought for what you will wear.

Matthew 6:28-29
And why do you worry about clothes?Consider how the lilies of the field grow: They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his glory was adorned like one of these.…

My first inclination was to sketch a lily. But, I decided to be a bit more of a conformist (this time) and actually sketch an article of clothing (a whimsical one, at that). I am thankful for clothing, and it’s another blessing that I often take for granted.

#GratitudeArtJournal #Gratitude52Journal #thankfulforclothing #sketch #watercolor #Gratitude52Community

No comments: