Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunshine {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52 Prompt12 Sunshine

The Gratitude 52 Journal Prompt 12 is “Sunshine.” In the mood for simplicity, I used Distress Inks to depict a sunrise.

I am posting this on Easter Sunday, so today this reminds me of the many Easter Sunrise Services I attended through the years. I often think of Resurrection Sunday morning when I think of a spectacular sunrise.

These last few weeks in the Pacific Northwest have been so rainy. This afternoon, even after a very rainy Easter morning, there is bright sunshine. So, I’m very thankful for the sunshine today!

Another thought comes to mind today, when I see this image. My sister and I learned a song when we were in the children’s missions organization of our church:

“Jesus wants me for a sunbeam;
to shine for Him each day.
In every way try to please HIm,
at home, at school, at play.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam,
Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
A sunbeam, a sunbeam.
I’ll be a sunbeam for Him.”

Good life goal, actually!

#GratitudeJournal #G52Prompt12 #DistressInk #Sunshine #Easter #Sunbeam #FaithArt

No comments: