Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thankful for Art {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52 Prompt 3 Art

Gratitude52 Prompt 3: Sketch or illustrate your appreciation for the gift of self-expression.

I do not usually attempt to sketch “people,” but a couple of years ago I learned to sketch little creative girls, and this is a lot of fun for me. These little whimsical characters allow me to express my thoughts and feelings in a self-caricature sort of way (do I really look like this? of course not—I wish!).

Because I didn’t even attempt to do any form of art at all until about 3 years ago, I think I have an appreciation for the ability to express myself through this medium that I may not have understood had I been “doing art” my whole life. Still very much a beginner “artist,” it is truly something I appreciate, and it belongs in my Gratitude Journal for 2016!

#G52Prompt3 #sketch #watercolor #creativegirl #Gratitude52Community #art #selfexpression #thankful

1 comment:

Mark Ford said...

Brings a smile to my face. I love it.