Saturday, February 6, 2016

Appreciation for Books {Gratitude52 Art Journal}

G52 Prompt 5

This week’s prompt (#G52Prompt5) is Books: Sketch or illustrate your appreciation for books! How has a certain book (or books) affected your life for the better?

Not thrilled with my “art” work here, finished it rather quickly, as I was driven by the desire to be caught up with the prompts (that’s me—and YAY, I did it!). Still, the sketch does illustrate my thoughts.

I have always loved books. In my fantasy world, I would own a book shop, complete with a little coffee shop in the corner, of course. From the time I can remember (first grade recollections), I have been smitten by books. I love the look, the feel, and the reading, of books. That’s one reason why I could never ONLY read books on an electronic device (I do that sometimes, but it’s almost a separate experience from…uh…READING).

Typically, I am reading a couple of books at one time, a fiction and a non-fiction. Right now I am reading a Christian fiction book on my iPad and am also reading some pages most days from Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Graces and Beth Moore’s Audacious. These two authors, my favorites, have such different styles; I love them, and am inspired by, both.

#Gratitude52Journal #Gratitude52Community #gratitude #books #annvoskamp #bethmoore #watercolor #sketch

No comments: