Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Word Fitly Spoken {Bible Art Journaling}

Bible Art Prov 25-11

My mother had several verses that she would quote as her favorite verses. This was one of them, as was the verse about “A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger.” (Proverbs 15:1, KJV)

Mother was not particularly soft-spoken, and I often thought she liked to quote verses that she wanted herself to hear. I believe that, because the same is true for me—I often preach to myself (if only I would listen more attentively!).

This verse is more often quoted with something like “settings of silver,” but the KJV “pictures of silver” is the way I memorized it, and this sketch I created in my KJV Journaling Bible is a representation of what always came to my mind when I heard or read this verse.

A major frustration for mixed media artists is that when we use anything shiny or glittery or metallic, it is next to impossible to take a photo that shows the shine. I used metallic silver and gold Gelatos for the frame and the apples, but it’s not obvious that they are “silver” and “gold.”

No comments: