Monday, June 1, 2015

Faith is a Choice {Faith Art}

(Click image to enlarge.)

Working in my altered book today, free-handing some flowers and adding a couple of thoughts. This is one of the pages I just completed.

Today my granddaughter leaves the US for a six-week mission trip to Mexico, as a part of the requirements for her degree in intercultural missions (and biblical studies) from Multnomah University.  While she has been out of the country numerous times for mission trips, they have been week-long adventures, so this is quite different. She is excited, and with her natural spirit of adventure, she is looking forward to it and will love it. In her words, she is excited to see what God is going to do during this time.

I was texting with her dad (my son) today, and as we were sharing our thoughts about how we will not worry because we know God will watch over her, he texted this to me: "Faith is a choice." I was working on this art at the moment, and I decided that quote was a perfect sentiment for how I am feeling today.

I am so blessed and thankful for my children and grandchildren.


At the airport on the way out of the US!

2 comments:

Mark Ford said...

I am flattered... was off the top of my head, but after I wrote it, I did think... that's right man, it is.

Barbara said...

Thanks! I often express to others that my son is my spiritual mentor. One of my many blessings!