Thursday, January 8, 2015

Set to be Busy in 2015! {Projects}

Along with my “usual” projects (random art journaling, scrapbooking, Smash journaling and Bible journaling, and a few online classes along the way), I am involving myself in three fairly major year-long commitments. I’m sure I will be referencing them in posts as the year progresses, so here is the brief overview.

All of these projects allow me to combine my faith with my art, which is so exciting for me. They are all free, so I will provide links for anyone who wants to jump on board.

(1) I will be working in a fairly large (for me) art journal (9x12) as I follow along with two challenges that I am combining into one project--The Original Documented Life Project: the Journal and Documented Faith. These are hot-linked here in the text, and the buttons on the side bar are also hot links. (The buttons below are simply images.)

documented life

documented faith

(2) I will be joining Patter Cross at TripletheScraps.com for a bimonthly Bible Study challenge that incorporates art into specific Bible studies. The year-long challenge is called Glory Art.

GloryArtButton2a

(3) I am joining over 18,000 other women in Beth Moore’s Siesta Scripture Memory Team challenge (“Siesta” was an auto-correct for “sistahs” and Beth kept it, because the whole idea sort of speaks to a rest/respite as well). We will be memorizing two scripture verses a month (and keeping our verses in a spiral notecard set). I’m especially excited that my real-life sister will be joining me in doing this year-long commitment, and we are planning something really fun to celebrate at the end of this year!

siesta_5x3_final_new-300x180

Happy New Year!

No comments: