Tuesday, June 3, 2014

“Awake my Soul and Sing” Mixed Media Board

awakening w border

Following along with the lessons in Mindy Lacefield’s Sunday Mornings class, this mixed media piece was created on a 6x12 birch panel, with collage layers beneath several layers of acrylic paint.

The idea of the project was “my awakening,” coming out of the darkness into the light.

Having been a Christ-follower since I was a young child, and thinking about an “awakening” in terms of a realization of God’s existence and His call to me to be His child, I don’t often use the term “awakening” in my current place in life’s journey. However, I was inspired by the lesson to remember that He wants to hear my praises to Him, so my piece is “awake my soul and sing,” using lyrics from Chris Tomlin.

awakening side w border

from "Awakening"
Chris Tomlin

Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice and this is my
Awakening
Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
From the darkness comes a light
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
Only You can raise a life
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing

No comments: