Friday, April 18, 2014

Springtime Blooms {Watercolor}

Springtime Blooms

During the Easter season, I remember all the things that a child of God remembers: the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, making my salvation possible.

I also think of family things associated with the holiday, like the traditional egg coloring and egg hunt. We will get to do that again this year.

But I also associate Easter with spring’s new birth, the growth of green grass, the budding of trees, and the beautiful colors of springtime blooms.

Here’s my art journal page for today. I sketched the flowers a few days ago and painted today.

(inspired by art of Dion Dior)

2 comments:

SCarol said...

Really beautiful flowers. Yes, this season is all about the resurrection and new beginnings.

Clare Lloyd said...

Such a pretty page and perfect for this weekend.