Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mixed Media Class Continues: “She loved deeply” Canvas

she loved deeply 1side view she loved deeply

I took a break from my Creatively Made mixed media class to work on holiday projects. I like to finish what I start (okay, so I MUST finish what I start), so I picked back up on the class a couple of days ago. This is an 8x8 canvas that I created as a project in the class.

I am not an artist and am especially bad when it comes to drawing/painting people. I decided to go for it on this vintage girl, and she turned out okay I think.

Yes, she does remind me of me. Believe it or not, this is the way my hair was styled at a brief time in my life, around the time my husband came home from Viet Nam, as one of my goals while he was gone was to let my hair grow, and it was fairly long by the time our son was born in June 1970. The style back then was somewhat poofy. During that time, it was common to wear a dress, and for afternoon events as a Marine Officer’s wife, gloves were required.

You will usually find one of my calling cards (required of all officer’s wives) in most of my mixed media canvases/boards.

I always enjoy using some of the vintage papers we found during our treks through antique stores.

1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous canvas! I love her dress and what it says too!