Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Art Journal: Mercy

mercy art journal page

It has been literally months since I created an art journal page, what with the holiday Smash journal, tag-making, huge photo album project and regular scrapbooking—oh, and life. Today I wanted to use a verse that I especially love, with its reference to “through all generations.”

Prior to doing this page, I worked several days on a smash journal that contains the overflow from 2013 (those pictures and memorabilia that did not go into the 2013 scrapbooks).

photo 1photo 2

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I love the silhouette you've used - she looks so open to receiving that mercy :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your smash journal looks wonderful! Love your Mercy pages too!

SCarol said...

I love your journal page. The silhouette figure is amazing - someone worshiping God and receiving His grace. Did you draw it?

Barbara said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I found the silhouette by googling for images. I then brought it into my Cameo software, traced it and let the machine cut it. But it could have been printed directly from the google image and then fussy-cut. I love that image!

SCarol said...

That's a great idea. I never thought of googling for images. Thank you! I'll be giving that a try.