Saturday, November 16, 2013

Combining Hobbies: Gingerbread Man Cookies and Mixed Media Tag

gingerbread house tag wm

For a project in the Art of Holiday Goodness class, I made a Gingerbread House mixed media tag. Using a Graphic 45 tag (very sturdy), I covered it with gesso, painted it with an ivory acrylic and then on the front of the tag, I “built” a gingerbread house from patterned paper and paint. For the snow, I used Ranger Distress Dry Glitter, Clear Rock Candy, on top of heavy body white titanium paint.

As every mixed media “artist” knows, there are two things that are almost impossible to capture accurately in photographs: dimension and glitter. My husband looked at my tag and then at the picture and remarked that it is so much more dimensional and pretty in real life. True.

side view wm

gingerbread house tag back wm

I covered the back of the tag with patterned paper and then adhered the recipe I used for the Gingerbread Man Cookies.

Here is the cookie-making process:

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

The above picture documents one of the enigmas of life: once you have the time to make special cookies like these, the children you want to make them with (and even the grandchildren) are not here anymore. But my big kid enjoyed them!!

gingerbread house tag on stand wm

No comments: