Monday, May 27, 2013

Art Journal: He Restores My Soul

he restores my soul

Thanks to France for the inspiration for the techniques used on this art journal page. Most artists seem to use vintage photos that they get from internet sources, but I have so many “real” vintage photos, that I always opt to use old photos that are meaningful to me. This particular little girl is me at about age 2. That was a long time ago!

God has been reminding me of promises from His Word that have to do with rest and restoration. I love this promise from the 23rd Psalm.

Linking to:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Take a Picture

Anything But a Card Anything Goes

7 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Yes, He does....and I am so glad! Gorgeous color here, and I love the space...clean all around except the perfect sentiment and gorgeous image!

debby4000 said...

Great art journalling page, love the photo.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

SQ54 said...

I love this. I thought it was France P. It has her style!

Margaret said...

Beautiful pages! The background is so pretty and the verse is one of my favorites too! I LOVE that you used your own photo on this!

Margaret said...

Oops! Forgot to say thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card challenges!

Julia S-W said...

Love how you've done this piece. The space allows the image to be the focal point and your sentiment is perfect.
hanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time. Juliax

Maisie Moonshine said...

Fabulous journal page. I LOVE your background that bubblegum pink speaks to me! You're so lucky to be able to use your own photos, that really makes your page special. MMx