Monday, February 25, 2013

Starting a Challenging Bible Study Today

Unburdened-Heart1

As a “seasoned” Christian (“mature Christ-follower” aka “older lady who has been a Christian for a long time”), I have always struggled with “forgiveness.” I don’t struggle with what it means, or what the Bible has to say about it. I struggle with understanding it to the fullest so that I can actually apply it.

Today I am participating in a several-week, free online Bible study with Suzie Eller, of Proverbs 31 Ministries—Unburdened Heart Study. The study is based on her book, The Unburdened Heart: Finding the Freedom of Forgiveness.

I dread it, because I know I will learn some things that I need to DO that I am not DOING. I know I will be working through some emotions that I would rather bury (or keep buried). But, I hope I never get too old to learn and to strive to follow God more closely.

So, here goes!

1 comment:

Uncertain said...

I too am digging into this study with Suzie and the rest of you. I am scared and excited all at the same time. Like you, I am also an "older" lady who has known Christ for most of my adult life yet there is a part of me that isn't sure I can do this. Looking forward to the study.