This blog was formerly titled "Sentiments and Scrapbooks."

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My first trials with the Gelli Plate

First Gelli Plate Trials

Just got my Gelli Plate from Gelli Arts. Playing with acrylic paints, spread with a brayer, on top of the gelatin plate is just really fun, I must admit!. These were my first prints, totally random. I’m not sure exactly how I will use the prints I make from the Gelli Plate, but I have some ideas. Stay tuned to see some of these prints (or portions from them) on journal pages and/or tags. I’m all about the “product,” and not just the “process,” so I’m sure I will find a “real” use for this output!

5 comments:

SanDee F said...

I just ordered the Gelli plate and cannot wait until it arrives at my home. Your first pages does look marvelous ... well done!

Cheers,
SanDee1899
http://www.sandee1899.blogspot.com

stamps&cars said...

AWESOME! I hope to do that well.

Anita Houston said...

I have never used mine yet...I need to. Looks wonderful!

Julie Gillespie said...

Love the colours you've used. It doesn't take long to build up a lot of pages. I've decided to make small journals to give as gifts by folding each 8 /12 x 11 inch page in half, making signatures and then binding with a cover (also gelli printed of course!) Also...for pages that aren't "great", cutting out shapes or strips and using them on journal pages or layouts.

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Julie- what a great idea! They will make special gifts! Hope you will share your finished work so we can see.