Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day

gelli plate heart tag

I have always “loved” Valentine’s Day. My husband is so good to me all the time, but he always comes through with some special Valentine’s Day love also! This year, he gave me a heart charm for the Pandora bracelet he gave me for Christmas. Then there always seems to be that heart-shaped box of chocolates, too!—and a sweet Valentine card. Yep, I’m blessed!

This tag just sort of came together after I decided to experiment with the Gelli Plate on a tag. I first covered the manila tag with gesso (so the background would be white instead of cream). Then I adhered some torn book pages randomly on the tag. Next, I covered the Gelli Plate with Liquitex Professional Acrylic Heavy Body, Quinacridone Crimson. I grabbed a Cuttlebug embossing folder that’s all hearts and pressed it down onto the Gelli Plate, lifting off carefully. Then I pressed the #8 tag (gesso now dry) down on top of the Gelli Plate. Loved the print. I used a paintbrush with the crimson paint, to color in some of the hearts.

background

Other materials
My Mind’s Eye Paper
Distress Ink (Festive Berries and Black Soot)
Flourish from Movers and Shapers Die
Tim Holtz “playing cards”
Red lace and red flower, a gift from a crafting friend
Black flowers, lace and ribbon from my stash

Even though the overall color comes off a bit on the “hot pink” side, it’s actually quite “red” in real life!

I am linking this project to the Frilly and Funkie Lacy Heartsy Challenge.

Also linking to Anything But a Card challenge and to Simon Says Stamp and Show Something Messy challenge (Gelli Plate is messy but oh so fun!).

18 comments:

Claudine said...

Really loving the background, what a great job you did with your gelli plate. I love the finished tag, it's so awesome.

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous! I love the pink, white and black. And what a great hubby you have too!!

SanDee1899 said...

Oh I love the background from the sencond card so much just wonderful! Fantastic!
XOXO SanDee

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful tag and background. Love the background on the hearts and your use of torn text paper. Love the Alpha Cards and the swirl in the background. Lovely composition. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Barb! Love that background and the XO cards.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the layers of goodness here! Happy love day!

Chris aka Scrappylassie said...

Love your bright colors and interesting background! I just used the embossing folder with ink to make a background for my Feb. monthly swap card. So much fun. What a sweet guy you have!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Wow - love how your background came out and all of the wonderful layering you did. Fantastic Tag!

Dr Sonia S V said...

The hearts look gorgeous
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic tag - fabulous background and such yummy work with the torn text...
Alison x

Christy said...

I really am loving that tag...great color! :) Anything but a Card :) :) :)

Deena said...

Thanks for playing in the Anything but A Card share the love challenge! Awesome tag...the colours are fabulous and I love the crocheted pieces at the bottom! Very elegant!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Hi Barbara~ great effect with the gelli plate and those bold hugs and kisses!! So glad you could join us for this challenge at F&F!!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sensational! Love what you did with the gelli plate for the background. Beautiful design too with the hearts and the Alpha cards. The lace and black flourish are the perfect finishers! So happy to have you joining the fun with us, Barbara, this time at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Donna Gibson said...

Beautiful Valentine's tag Barbara! I love the bright heart background and all of those layers! Thanks for playing along with our Lacy Heartsy Valentine challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

Margaret said...

This is such a beautiful tag! The background is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But a Card!

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

Hi its Sam from Fussy and Fancy Challenge DT, thanks for entering on our Blog. I just had to comment on your Tag, I love it. It has a lovely background and is "dressed" reaLLY well. Sam

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Barbara you've been hand picked in our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy. Please pop over to the blog to pick up your bsdge hun.

xx Sazzle xx