Friday, October 12, 2012

I Lift My Eyes Unto the Mountains-Inspiration Art Journal

We just returned from a wonderful refreshing and relaxing vacation to the mountains in Breckenridge, Colorado. We rented a beautiful house on a secluded ranch. The view of the mountains from our house was splendiferous, and one morning we were thrilled to wake up to snow! (Picture taken from our deck.)

I Life My Eyes

Often, Scripture passages pop into my head, to describe a certain scene or situation (a benefit of having a lot of years’ worth of memories). In this case, when I saw this view from our house each day, the passage that came to mind was Psalm 121:

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;

After we were home, the passage stayed on my mind, and I decided to do a layout for my Inspiration Art Journal. I wanted to keep it simple so that the meaning of the passage itself remained the "main thing.” I used a lot of watercolor crayons, white paint and stamps.

Life My Eyes Art Journal w border

This passage, and the reminders of its meaning from our trip, validate the reality of Creation and the Creator. Note that the passage does not say that my help comes from the Mountains. It clearly states that my help comes from the Creator of the Mountains. Oh, yes!! And this Scriptural reminder of the source of my Help goes on to further show this promise: He watches over me and will not let my foot slip! Yay me!

Yay, Heavenly Father Creator God!

4 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

It's beautiful- a way of capturing a memory from your vacation and your faith.

Julia S-W said...

A beautiful heart felt piece which shows your faith in such a glorious pictorial way.
Thanks for sharing with us at Anything But A Card and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

Deena said...

Gorgeous art journal! What a fabulous way to preserve those memories! Thanks for sparkling with us at "anything but a card" this week! Hope to see more of your fabulous creations next time!

Christy said...

Wow! What a great art journal page! You did it beautifully! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card! :) :)