Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Hubby

Today my husband is 67 years old! I can hardly believe my own words! We have such a blessed life, and we honestly don’t even think about our age unless we are forced! We celebrated with our son’s family a couple of nights ago, and then with our son for lunch today.

Russell's 67th

The card from our son’s family was wonderful, and our 17-year old grandson Conner wrote something very special in the card. He said,

“Thank you for being such a strong example for any man who knows you. It leads others to lead others, to lead others. You have been a huge part in shaping who I am, and I will carry you and your strength into the lives of my wife and my kids. Thank you for being a part of my solid foundation in Christ.” Love, Conner

What better birthday gift than to have these special words penned by your grandson! And they are so true! I am so blessed to be married to the most wonderful man in the world! How do I get to have that wonderful gift of grace (so undeserved)? God must be especially fond of me!

Ford Men with Ford Trucks

My three Ford men with their Ford trucks

Conner (grandson)      Mark (son)         Russell

No comments: