Wednesday, August 29, 2012

“Study to Show Yourself Approved”

Sept minibook page 2Tim2-15 w border

I am participating in a Faith-based Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, for which I am creating a 6x6 minibook page with a Scripture Verse for each month of the year. For September, I still have “back to school” on my mind, so I chose one of my favorite memorized verses to showcase on this page.

I used abc Primer paper and some embellishments from Graphic 45. The grunge board letters are from Tim Holtz, inked with Barn Door Distress Stain.

Being a lifelong student, this verse has always been very meaningful to me—I have always loved to study (as long as it is not for a test or for a grade)!

I am also entering this back to school project in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge for this fortnight.

6 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a cool challenge and a neat group! Love this! Love the vertical title...don't see that much! Fab paper too!

Jenny Marples said...

Great project so well balanced. Love it Barbara. Hugs, Buttons x

Laila said...

super creation, your papers and layout is wonderful :)
thank you for showing us over at Fussy and Fancy.

-Laila

KropinKat said...

Love it! I can't get enough of the Graphic 45 paper...

Rea' said...

LOVE, your page, that's one of my favorite scriptures! I love your blog also. I have that same background :) (QueendomRelics.blogspot.com)!

Trish said...

Absolutely adore your work of art!! Everything just fits together perfectly with the verse!! Thanks very much for sharing.

Trish~P31 Blog Hop Team