This blog was formerly titled "Sentiments and Scrapbooks."

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Sweet Mother and My Sweet Children

In the last few days we have received some disconcerting news about my 84-year-old mother, always the picture of health (except for nagging arthritis pain and some vision problems). We will get the official diagnosis tomorrow, but we already know the worst: she has a dangerous form of cancer. Mother is hanging in there, leaning on God for strength, and reminding all of us that God has a plan.

On the evening of her hospital stay following the diagnostic procedure, my son visited her. This morning, he wrote a short blog piece (click here to read) about her that is a source of inspiration. My daughter has also been a constant source of strength to me during this time. She always knows just what to say to reassure me! What a blessing to me are my children. 

No comments: