Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lifting My Spirits

flowers are proof3 w border.jpg

Today I saw a tag created by Tammy Tutterow that was simple and refreshing, and it lifted my spirits. Realizing that I had the same Hero Arts flower stamp, I decided to make my own bit of inspiration for today (I need it). The sentiment stamp is from Wendy Vecchi, and it is heat embossed.

The butterfly stamp is one of Tim’s, and I stamped it on watercolor paper and colored it with Distress Ink and a water brush. Though it doesn’t show in the photo, it has a foam adhesive to lift it from the surface. I stamped the large stamp with Archival Ink and then colored it with my Faber Castell brush markers (love them). I colored the lace trim with Forest Moss.

With this tag I am participating in the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. This week’s challenge is to Stamp and Show your favorite word. My word for today is MIRACLES.

PS—added later: Even though the dimensional tape behind the butterfly makes it look “dimensional” in real life, I wasn’t satisfied with the “flat” look, so I put a thick layer of Glossy Accents over each of the four sections of the butterly’s wings. It looks so much better. I’m just not motivated to take a new picture!

9 comments:

AlaskaGlassHarp said...

The pin at the top is so perfect. I love the colors!
Patsy in Alaska

Lisa H said...

This is a wonderfully uplifting tag. I'm sorry that you are in a rough spot right now. I pray that God will comfort and uplift you in the midst of your circumstances. I am a DT on a blog called Scrapping Everyday Miracles. We recently had a praise post that you might find uplifting - I did, Sherri has a gift with words!

http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2012/04/praise-post.html

Barbara said...

Thank you, Lisa. Actually, I have been to that blog and have it bookmarked.

Tammy Tutterow said...

I love it! It is beautiful!

Lesa said...

A lovely tag, Barb! Your tag is uplifting and I thank you--needed a little kick today, too. I love the colors and sentiment. Hope the road ahead is as smooth as it can possibly be. Hugs.

Candy C said...

Absolutely beautiful tag, Barbara. What a sweet breath of spring! Lovely lovely job. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag. I hope things improve for you in the very near future :)
Cheers
Sharon

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Barb! Love the way you've colored all those flowers. Hang in there.

Sarah said...

A lovely fresh spring tag with really great colours and flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.