Saturday, March 17, 2012

Art Journal--Expression of My Thoughts Today

March 17 art journal d

Just wanted to play around with some paints and stamps and markers today. I love the Sunsnine Yellow paint dabber. Sometimes I will want to use my Art Journal as a testing ground for techniques. On these pages, I incorporated a “trial” of the Tim technique of creating plaid with alcohol inks on glossy cardstock. My first trial was not terribly successful, over the entire tag, so I cut pieces of the rejected tag to use on the journal pages. I guess I just tend to pick colors that are in the same palette, as I decided to use the tag-piece AFTER I had painted the background on the pages.

I’m finding I really like the white Painters Pen for adding final touches. I’m still not great with India ink but do like the boldness of the black.

On my journal pages, I will likely often incorporate a Scripture verse that fits with my thoughts for the day. Need to find or create more digi stamp Scripture verses.

No comments: