Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Days of Christmas – Day 9

Day 9 - Barbara FordTim’s tag for Day 9 used a combination of red and green (Festive Berries and Evergreen Bough) distress ink. I wanted to do something a little different, color-wise. Using the double embossing technique he demonstrated, I first stamped the tag with a Hero Arts stamp (not the one Tim used) with a white pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. Then I stamped over the dry image with Evergreen Bough distress ink. I loved the way it looked as I applied this color. This is my new favorite color! Then I put clear embossing powder over all and heated again. This tag gave me the opportunity to use the charming little lamppost! Love it! For the soft glow in the lamp, I painted a little square of a kraft tag with the gold dabber paint. Applying a thick layer of Glossy Accents gave it the look of glass. For the “snow” I used Picket Fence Stickles.

So far, this one is my husband’s favorite!

3 comments:

Kathy Eddy said...

Beautiful tag! I love the colors you used here.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is gorgeous! The background is fab. Love the light post...I haven't used that one yet.

Hetty said...

Great tag! Your color choice is wonderful and the use of the music sheet and the swirls is great!