Monday, October 24, 2011

Preparing Birthday Dinner

I’m making a birthday dinner for my husband. This will be his 66th. Wow. We usually go out to a nice restaurant to celebrate our birthdays, but since tonight is a World Series game, I wanted to make an old-fashioned, stay-at-home birthday dinner. I just took his “birthday cake” out of the oven, and the Italian Beef Roast is in the oven, to cook all day.

Apple Pie for BirthdayYes, this does look very much like a pie. I gave him a choice of what to have for his birthday dessert. He chose my special Apple Pie. (I could have made him a birthday cake, but I’m the one who likes birthday cake, so it would’ve been for me!)

For Apple Pie (and crust) recipe, click on “Featured Recipes” at top of page.

He’s spending his day “working” in the woods, while I prepare his birthday dinner. Feels deliciously nostalgic.

Will post more later about the birthday celebration.

No comments: