Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cupcakes with Cricut Imagine Toppers

IMG_0136

My mother would say I am a “glutton for punishment.” That’s what I am, taking on yet another “hobby” of sorts. But, in this case, cupcake decorating has a double purpose—I LOVE cupcakes. I mean really. I’ve been known to go by the grocery store and buy a container of cupcakes just for myself (they may even say “happy birthday” or have plastic toys, and I don’t even care).

But I also thought it would be fun to play around a bit with decorating. So, I visited a foreign section of Michael’s and pretended I knew what I was doing, purchasing a couple of “tips” and “bags.” I also picked up these little paper cups (cupcake liners) that have a cute Jack-o’-Lantern on the bottom.

IMG_0137  

I used the Cricut Imagine to print and cut the little pumpkin toppers. From the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge, I selected the pumpkin shape and filled it with one of the patterns on the cartridge. I cut them at 1.4 inches and then cut the same number of pumpkins on “flip” so that I could place them back to back and have a printed image on both sides. I used my Glue Glider to put adhesive on both unprinted sides, placing the toothpick on the bottom one before adding the top image.

I used Pillsbury Devil’s Food Cake Mix for the cupcakes and made the Buttercream Frosting from the recipe on the C&H Powdered Sugar bag. Wilton gel food coloring worked great for the orange and purple frosting.

These will be part of our snack for our small group Bible study tonight!

Yum!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Those look very professional! You may have me running to the grocery store for cupcakes :)

LeeAnn from NC said...

They look delicious ! And I love your pumpkin toppers........

Sharida said...

YUM-O!! And almost too pretty to eat. ALMOST!