Sunday, May 8, 2011

Such a Blessed Mom

IMG_1528 Dawson, Me, Sharida, AlyssaIMG_1540 Conner, Mark, Me, ToryIMG_1544Cards are always so special for me.
 
Yes, that’s me. Such a blessed mom. Every Mother’s Day I get to see and/or hear from both my children (and their families). This year was special because during this weekend, I was able to be with both my children and their families.

Friday night we drove to southwest Missouri to attend our granddaughter’s vocal concert (blog post/pictures coming shortly). Saturday morning we met for breakfast and some rare “visiting” time.

All Sundays are special for me, because I get to be in my son’s church and be blessed by his music and preaching. Today’s sermon made me feel especially honored as he said some wonderful things about his mom, as a part of a fantastic sermon about Super Moms in the Bible. During the message, he read the poem that my daughter wrote for me, on my 50th birthday. Tears flowed (and not just from me).

Dinner at our son’s home, to honor his wife and mom, was so fun—moms not allowed to lift a finger. How awesome is that! He grilled delicious fresh tilapia. Cardinals game topped off a special day.

Yes, I am so blessed.

No comments: